ICAK-USA Code of Ethics
As a member of the ICAK-USA who is a licensed health care provider, I acknowledge and will abide by the following code of ethics:
- I will limit my practice to the procedures, actions, and processes that I am permitted to undertake in compliance with the terms of my professional license;
- I will comply with all statutes, laws, ordinances, rules or regulations of any governmental or regulatory authority (“Legal Requirements”) having jurisdiction over me in connection with my practice or my professional license;
- I will not engage in any action, behavior or conduct that (a) would violate any Legal Requirements applicable to me, and (b)(i) would constitute a felony (or the equivalent thereof), or (ii) involves moral turpitude, sexual misconduct or abuse, assault or battery, dishonesty, fraud, intentionally false statements or intentionally misleading omissions, wrongful taking, embezzlement, bribery, forgery, counterfeiting or extortion;
- My relationship with each student taught by me or likely to be taught by me shall comply with all Legal Requirements applicable to me as if such student or prospective student was a patient in my own private practice.
- I have read and will abide by, to the best of my ability, the ICAK status statement approved by the Executive Board of the ICAK, January, 1988.
Any violation of this Code of Ethics shall be grounds for suspension and/or revocation of all teaching or presentation privileges with the ICAK-USA.
* Enforcement of any violations of this code of ethics will be considered on a case by case basis between the member, and the ICAK-USA Board of Directors.