International College of Applied Kinesiology Board Members
The ICAK is a non profit inter-professional organization dedicated to advance manual muscle testing as a system of diagnosis for evaluating areas of dysfunction within the body.
George J. Goodheart, Jr., DC first observed that postural distortion was associated with weak muscles in 1964. Muscles in spasm were found to be the effect of under-active opposite muscles. Goodheart found that appropriate treatment would strengthen muscle weakness and conversely reduce the muscle spasm. Postural balance was the result.
Interest in Goodheart's work grew. In 1976 the ICAK was founded.
The purpose of the ICAK is to promote research and the teaching of AK manual muscle testing.
ICAK is dedicated to bringing together doctors and students with a common interest in manual muscle testing as a diagnostic system.
PAST CHAIRMEN OF I.C.A.K.
- George J. Goodheart Jr.- Founder
- John Thie, D.C. – 1973 to 1976
- Bert Hanicke, D.C. – 1976 to 1978
- Sheldon Deal, D.C. – 1978 to 1983
- Walter Gunn, D.C. – 1983 to 1985
- Robert Blaich, D.C. – 1985 to 1989
- Avery Ferentz, DC – 1989 to1991
- Joe Schaeffer, DC – 1991 to 1993
- Michael Allen, DC – 1993 to 1995
- Robert Blaich, DC- 1995 to 1999
- Eric Pierotti, DC – 1999 to 2008
- John Wittle, DC – 2008 to 2014
ICAK Around the World
- AK in Austria
- AK in Benelux
- AK in Brazil
- AK in Canada
- DAGAK in Germany
- AK in Korea
- AK in UK
- AK in Italy
The ICAK has three Boards that cover various aspects. The boards are:
- International Board of Standards and Research
- International Education Council
- International Board of Examiners
ICAK-USA Board of Directors - USA Chapter of the ICAK
"We exist as a group of like-minded healthcare professionals working for the betterment of the organization with the purpose of promoting, defending and advancing AK into the future."
Richard Belli, D.C., DACNB, FABNN
1840 Avondale Ave., Suite 1
Sacramento, CA 95825
Lawrence Calderon, D.C. (Term ends July 2021 – 2 year)
3333 Soquel Dr., Suite C
Soquel, CA 95073
Michael Lebowitz, D.C. (Term ends July 2021 – 2 year)
1865 Kalia Way
Haiku, HI 96708
Jay Marienthal, D.C., DIBAK (Term ends July 2021 – 2 year)
36 NE 2nd Ave
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442
Member-At-Large (Term ends July 2022 – 2 year)
Corey Osborne, D.C., DIBAK, DCBCN, DCCN
734 Cambridge Blvd., Suite 100
O'Fallon, IL 62269
Member-At-Large (Term ends July 2021 – 2 year)
Diana Mladenoff, DC, C.A.C.C.P.
2629 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
R. Thomas Roselle, D.C., PAc, PAK, DCCN, DCBCN
8550 Arlington Blvd., Suite 325
Fairfax, VA 22031